Arthur C. Clarke wrote
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
Introducing magic socks - Socks made from milk. Yep, that's right, socks made of milk!!
We love Wilderness Wear here at AO, Aussie made, owned and manufactured and so bloody innovative!
The Eco- Friendly Milk Yarn
How is it made?
Milk Yarn is made from milk protein fibres. To make it, milk is first dewatered, i.e. all the water content is taken out from it and then it is skimmed. A new bio-engineering technique is then applied to make a protein spinning fluid. This fluid is suitable for wet spinning process through which the final high-grade
textile fibre is made. While spinning, a solvent is used by most of the manufacturers and micro-zinc ion is embedded in the fibre which gives it the characteristics of being bacteriostatic and durable. It combines the advantages of both, natural as well as synthetic fibres.
Wear the benefits of milk.
Milk yarn sports a nice lustre, has a luxurious feel like silk and mixes some of the great properties of natural fibres with benefits of synthetics. It produces a strong fibre that is eco-friendly and feels great next to the skin.
- Amino acids present in the fibre make it antibacterial and antifungal.
- Glossy and luxurious in appearance, Silk-like in its feel and comfort.
- Super-strong, eco-friendly fibre that feels great next to the skin.
- SFS (Secure |Fit |System)
- Eco-friendly MILK-WOOL yarn Relaxed opening reduces calf pressure
- Ultra-lightweight, all-day comfort
- Reinforced heel and toe
- Virtual seamless toe seam
- High thermal properties
Fibre Content: 45% Milk, 45% Wool, 10% Nylon
Height – 3/4
Cushioning – Medium
Weight – Mid